Sunday, March 20, 2011

Not going to be beat by an ambulance- The New Bedford Half

This was a hard race for me but mostly in my mind. I started out at the back of the pack close to the 14 min pace runners. It became very clear early on that this race was meant for runners. But that wasn't the worst of it! Around Mile 2 and through Mile 5 I was followed by the ambulance, I was 2nd to the last runner... I think for me in any race I don't start warming up until the 3rd mile. Well at mile 5 I had had enough!!!! So I kicked it into gear and started to "pick people off". What I mean by that was in my mind I said Ok... I am going after the girl in purple. I will pass her.. Then I just kept doing it.. I managed in the end to have my 3rd best time and "pick off" 32 people... Take that ambulance driver :)

No comments:

Post a Comment